Monday, March 17, 2014

Time to let my hair down!

(...or better known as - "Day off ni Inday")

No matter how busy it gets, moms deserve time for themselves, too. I call it "me time". It is usually during this time that I get to enjoy my simple pleasures. They're really not that much since I only have a few hours to spare for myself. However, I try to make the most out of this little time. 

Other moms can probably relate also...after all, regardless of age and all other factors, we deserve some time to let our hair down.


1. Blogging. Which is exactly what I'm doing now. It is a liberating experience and it allows me to share my thoughts and to free my mind. Writing tightens my bolts whenever I'm feeling "all out of my elements." I have quite a lot of blogs scattered around the net but they're all anonymous. There are only a few who can guess it was me who published them. This is what makes this blog special for me. People can tell it is me who's blogging. It gives me the freedom to share snippets of my life and random thoughts with others who might be interested to know what I've been up to. 

2. Foot spa and pedicure. Who wouldn't like that?

3. Shop personal stuff. It's my therapy though I like to believe that I'm a smart shopper.

motherhood

4. Baking. Never been good at it but at least, I get to play.

5. Hair treatment. My hair's a mess all the time, it's almost always tied in a ponytail. Stress, tension, improper diet, insufficient sleep and poor physical fitness made me suffer from hair fall at some point. Which is why to save my sanity and my crowning glory, I have to seek the help and expertise of a "hair fall rescue squad". Besides, my everyday "sabunot look" always upsets me. 

6. Full body massage. Need I say more?

7. Go out with friends to dine in a restaurant, watch a movie or chat over cups of coffee.

anytime!

8. Yoga. Basic yoga (warrior, tree, sun salutation, etc.) have a way of calming me. It also helps in improving my mood.

9. Out-of-town trips... which actually happen only once in a blue moon given the fact that I'm the primary caregiver of my son. Well-planned getaway trips allow me to unwind and just be free. It puts my life back in balance. 

10. Going back to my childhood place. I consider it my happy place because it brings back a lot of good memories. It reminds me that I'm still "me" (through it all)... it also gives me the chance to look back at my journey through life. There, I find comfort and peace. Being "home" is much like "just being me all over again" - the "me" that I know so well. It gives me hope. It helps me gather up myself together. It is the most comforting place I know and it is everything that I am.

I want this in my home!


No comments:

Post a Comment